We Understand Contractors 

Owning a construction business is challenging. Whether you are a large commercial contractor or a small family-owned artisan contractor, you face challenges every day that include bidding on new jobs and ensuring your current job site is adequately protected with the correct amount of insurance.

Come build with us. James G Parker Insurance's construction team is dedicated to finding the right insurance provider who will tailor coverage to fit your needs. Insurance coverage is important, but we want to do more for you. As your trusted advisor, we want you to think of us as your business partner. 

Construction Services

Builders and Developers:

  • Residential General Contractors and Developers
  • Commercial General Contractors and Developers
  • Industrial General Contractors and Developers

General Engineering Contractors:

  • Street, Road, and Highway Contractors
  • Underground Utility Contractors
  • Grading Contractors
  • Excavating Contractors
  • Paving Contractors

Trade Contractors:

  • Roofing
  • Carpentry
  • Plumbers
  • Electricians
  • Drywall
  • Plastering
  • HVAC
  • Painting
  • Masonry
  • Flooring
  • Landscaping
  • Demolition
  • Abatement

Standard Commercial Property Coverages for Construction Businesses

  • Commercial Property Coverage: This is a type of insurance policy that protects your business from financial losses, including income loss if a covered peril damages your commercial property at your office
  • Inland Marine Property Coverage:  This coverage protects your construction equipment and tools from losses such as theft, vandalism, fire, and more
  • Builders Risk:  Builders risk coverage protects your construction business from financial loss when a structure you are building on or the materials for it are damaged from perils such as fire, wind, theft, and more
  • Installation Floater: This covers materials from the moment it is in transit to a job site until the moment it is installed.

Commercial property policies are written on annually and are subject to a deductible. Coverage limits can be adjusted at any time to meet your needs. 

What is Commercial General Liability Coverage?

Although commercial property insurance is essential, commercial general liability insurance is probably even more critical to the financial wellbeing of your construction business.  Large claims that are legally required to pay damages can take down a sole artisan contractor up to the largest commercial contractors if adequate protection is not in place.  Having the proper coverage in the area can help your construction business stay in business.

Overall, commercial general liability coverage steps in and pays for claims that you are responsible for due to negligence.

Some examples include:

  • One of your workers, while operating a backhoe, takes out the side of a building, causing substantial damage.
  • A lift operator drops a load of materials on a person walking by.
  • A homeowner comes home to check on the work you are performing and trips over an extension cord, resulting in his lower back disk rupturing.
  • Due to faulty electrical work by one of your workers, a business burns down.

Unfortunately, your construction business can go out of business without proper commercial general liability coverage. Moreover, most jobs will require you furnace a “certificate of insurance,” showing you have at least $1,000,000 of commercial general liability coverage in place before they accept your bid to allow you to begin working. 

Commercial property and commercial general liability coverage with limits tailored to your construction business will allow you to continue your business successfully.  

Protect Your Business

To learn more about the commercial property and commercial general liability insurance that is right for your construction business, contact one of our agents at James G Parker Insurance Associates at 800-266-7721.

Contact a Specific Broker